About SCR Swedish Camping
We have been the Swedish camping industry’s trade and marketing association for over 50 years. Our task is to help our members with their business. We do this in several ways, including through business development, national and international marketing, and strategic work on the industry’s market conditions.
We represent Sweden’s largest holiday sector
During the summer season, June-August, more than 40 per cent of all commercial guest nights in Sweden are at a campsite.
Our member companies
Our member companies are found all over Sweden. They range from small family businesses to big resorts and chains.
SCR Swedish Camping membership logo
Our membership logo shows that the campsite meets our requirements for safety and follow our ethical guidelines. We want it to be a safe sign of an excellent campsite and the start of a good holiday.
To make Sweden Europe’s best camping destination.
What we do
- We help our trade and our member companies to develop and grow.
- We market our trade and our members.
- We improve the marketing conditions for our trade and our members.
We help our trade and our members develop
SCR Swedish Camping offers its members advice on operation, development and quality assurance. We facilitate networking and experience exchange between members and in regions, and provide favourable agreements and insurances. A majority of the members of SCR Swedish Camping are also classified according to the classification system Swedish Camping Standard.
We market our trade and our members
Every year, SCR Swedish Camping carries out a large number of marketing activities in Sweden and internationally. For example, we publish the Magazine Camping.se in three language editions; run Camping.se with booking, inspiration and information; offer and develop Camping Key Europe; participate in fairs throughout Europe. Additionally, we have produced the travel program Gone Camping to showcase SCR-affiliated destinations and attract adventure and camping enthusiasts through this project.
We improve the marketing conditions for our trade and our members
SCR Swedish Camping was founded in 1967 in response to a proposal for worse market conditions, and every year since, we have acted to support the trade. We are part of the Nordic Camping Council, the European Federation of Campingsite Organisations and Holiday Park Associations (EFCO&HPA), a trade member of Visita and active in Svensk Turism. We also serve as a referral organisation at national level with authorities and departments
Brief facts about SCR Swedish Camping
- Company name: SCR Svensk Camping Ekonomisk Förening
- Founded: SCR Svensk Camping was founded in 1967
- Acting MD: Peter Jansson
- Owner: Owned by its members
- Members: Sweden's campsite and cottage managers, approx. 315 members with 7,000 cottages and 50,000 pitches
- Our vision: To make Sweden Europe’s best camping destination
- Partner organisations: SCR Swedish Camping is a member of Nordiskt Campingråd, the European Federation of Campingsite Organisations and Holiday Park Associations (EFCO&HPA) and Svensk Turism.
- Websites: www.scr.se, www.camping.se, www.campingkeyeurope.se, www.gonecamping.se.