About SCR Swedish Camping
We have been the camping industry’s trade association for over 50 years. Our task is to help our members with their business. We do this in several ways, including through business and activity development, national and international marketing, and strategic work on the industry’s market conditions.
We represent Sweden’s biggest holiday accommodation form
During the summer season, June-August, more than 40 per cent of all commercial guest nights in Sweden are at a campsite.
Our members are found all over Sweden. They range from small family businesses to big campsite resorts and chains listed on the stock exchange. Together, they welcome more than 1 million guests every year.
SCR Swedish Camping membership logo
Our membership logo shows that the campsite meets our basic requirements for safety and ethical issues. We want it to be a safe sign of an excellent campsite and the start of a good experience.
To make Sweden Europe’s best camping destination.
What we do
- We help our trade and our members to develop.
- We market our trade and our members.
- We improve the marketing conditions for our trade and our members.
We help our trade and our members develop
SCR Swedish Camping offers its members advice on operation, development and quality assurance. We facilitate networking and experience exchange between members and in regions, and provide favourable agreements and insurances. A majority of the members of SCR Swedish Camping are also classified according to the classification system Swedish Camping Standard.
We market our trade and our members
Every year, SCR Swedish Camping carries out a large number of marketing activities in Sweden and internationally. For example, we publish the catalogue Swedish Camping in three language editions; run Camping.se with booking, inspiration and information; offer and develop Camping Key Europe; participate in fairs throughout Europe; and produce the travel programme Gone Camping.
We improve the marketing conditions for our trade and our members
SCR Swedish Camping was founded in 1967 in response to a proposal for worse market conditions, and every year since, we have acted to support the trade. We are part of the Nordic Camping Council, the European Federation of Campingsite Organisations and Holiday Park Associations (EFCO&HPA), a trade member of Visita and active in Svensk Turism. We also serve as a referral organisation at national level with authorities and departments
Brief facts about SCR Swedish Camping
- Company name: SCR Svensk Camping Ekonomisk Förening
- Founded: SCR Svensk Camping was founded in 1967
- Acting MD: Peter Jansson
- Owner: owned by its members
- Members: Sweden's campsite and cottage managers, approx. 400 members with 9,000 cottages and 75,000 pitches
- Our vision: to make Sweden Europe’s best camping destination
- SVEA – trade and members’ magazine
- Swedish Camping – Sweden’s official campsite guide in the form of a catalogue
- Camping.se – inspiration and booking of holidays in Sweden
- Gone Camping – travel programme and digital travel magazine
- Partner organisations: SCR Swedish Camping is a member of Nordiskt Campingråd, the European Federation of Campingsite Organisations and Holiday Park Associations (EFCO&HPA) and Svensk Turism. We are also trade members of Visita Svensk Besöksnäring.
- Websites: www.scr.se, www.camping.se, www.campingkeyeurope.se, www.gonecamping.se.